Week Three Reflection

This week in EDCI 336, we learned about multimedia learning theory and editing images. At the beginning of class, we were asked:

“People can learn more deeply from words and pictures than from words alone” (Mayer, 2009).

I really connected with this quote as a visual learner. I think it speaks to how we as teachers need to incorporate so many different aspects into our teachings in order to invigorate the minds of our students.

We also got the chance to create our own photoshop images. I decided to tag along with this week’s trend of the Bernie Sanders at the Biden Inauguration. My meme was Bernie sitting at Pam’s desk from the tv show The Office.

I think this information will be extremely helpful when incorporating technology in my classroom.

On Instagram, I have seen many educators using their own bitmojis or creating other bitmoji people to use all around their classrooms. Here is a link to an article about using bitmojis in your class. https://www.edutopia.org/article/educators-turn-bitmoji-build-community-and-engagement.